Herbicides to control water plants
Monday April 26, 2021
JLA is aware that last year some owners applied chemical herbicides to their beach waters to remove water plants/weeds, and that several properties are preparing to do the same again this year.
Here are various documents on the topic, including scientific papers and JLA's views on the topic.
We will update this section as more documents become available.
- What to do about aquatic weeds? PDF or DOC
- Aquatic herbicide applications for the control of aquatic plants
in Canada: effects to nontarget aquatic organisms PDF
- Hunting the eagle killer: A cyanobacterial neurotoxin
causes vacuolar myelinopathy PDF
- Macrophytes are highly sensitive to the herbicide diquat dibromide in test
systems of varying complexity PDF
- Handout: What to do about Weed Growth in Jack’s Lake? PDF or DOC
- ... more to come ...