JLA Regatta weekend is here!
Saturday August 05, 2023
Calling all bakers!
Are you a regular Anna Olson or Nadiya Hussain in the kitchen? Maybe Buddy Valastro is more your style. Or, maybe you just love to bake and friends and family rave over your classic treats. If you would like to contribute baked goods to this year’s bake sale, please drop off your goodies at the Bake Sale stand (between the two marinas) any time after 7:30am on Sunday, August 6.
Games & puzzle exchange and book sale
Gently used games, puzzles and/or books taking up space in your cottage? Please consider donatingthem to Sunday’s games & puzzle exchange and book sale – someone else issure to enjoy them and you’re likely to find something new for yourself, too!
- Peter Lomax will be leading a fire pumpdemo at 2:15pm at the Anchorage.
- Nick Demarco from Weeds B’ Gone will be displaying his weed harvestingequipment and will be available during the day to discuss herbicide free weedelimination/harvesting techniques.
- Music Fest hats and tshirts will be on sale
- Both Grape & Wedge and Apsley Lions Club will be selling deliciousfood. (Cash only.)
- There will also be booths for you to visit from the North Kawartha Fire Department and others.
The JLA will be there selling annual memberships and a hardcover copy of "OurPiece of Paradise – A History of Jack’s Lake” for members.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Sharpe’s Bay for the sailing races and Callahan Bay/The Narrows for the Annual Anna Sweeney Decorated Boat Parade on Saturday, then at the marinas on Sunday for lots of fun and games!
Please see timing, registration and all other details on the Jack's Lake Association Annual Regatta info page.
Also, a reminder to ALL JLA volunteers
Anyone who has in any way volunteered/contributed to a JLA activity or event - you are invited to our Volunteer Appreciation Lunch at the Anchorage Marina from12-2pm on Sunday August 13th. Please RSVP to Nicholas Klein by Sunday, August 6.