Level 1 Low Water Condition
Wednesday July 08, 2020
Kawartha Conservation has declared a Level 1 Low Water Condition throughout the watershed.
Check their full announcement and explanations here.
In summary, as part of the declaration of a Level 1 Low Water Condition all water users are asked to voluntarily reduce their water usage by 10 percent.
Residents can help conserve water by following these water conservation tips:
- Use rain barrels to capture rain for watering lawns and gardens when possible
- Water gardens in early morning or later in the evening
- Let your lawn go brown (dormant) – it will come back when conditions improve
- Adhere to municipal watering restrictions that may apply
- Do not wash your cars or driveways.
Explore the entire Kawartha Conservation site at www.kawarthaconservation.com